I wasn’t trying to save water. My car needed cleaning to be ready for the (Lunar) New Year and I refused to queue at the car wash. But neither did I want to bring two pails of water out of the house to clean my car because every time I did that, my Dad had a lot to say. Decided to survive the cleaning using the three litres of water I always keep in my car for emergency use.
Here’s how I did it…
- Car Shampoo
- Cloth (2 pieces)
- A High Pressure Garden Spray (1.5 litres)
- 3 litres of water
- Pour about 1.2 litres of water and some car shampoo into the high pressure garden spray.
- Use the sponge to clean the car while spraying.
- Use about 300 ml of water to clear the shampoo in the garden spray.
- Pour another 1.5 litres of water into the garden spray.
- Use about 750 ml of water – spray the car and clean off the soap with the cloth at the same time.
- Go through another round with the second piece of cloth with the last 750ml of water.
Important Tip: Work FAST! Keep the car wet at all times!
I sincerely didn’t think I was going to pull this off, moreover, in such hot weather but I managed anyway.
And it has to rain after that… Damn!